- Fixed the size option for the Spider on iGoogle and Google Desktop.
- Fixed a problem that caused the Turtle gadget not to render in some browser.
Now you can customize the spider before adding it to iGoogle or embedding it to your webpage.
The background image option is not working from the customization pages when adding the gadgets to iGoogle. It doesn’t seem to like the forward slashes and the semicolon.
The spider is now able to stop and rest when it gets close to your mouse. After a few seconds of mouse inactivity, he resumes crawling around randomly. It can also turn in place toward the mouse and move backwards if the mouse is too close. You will also notice the spider now has a cephalothorax (head).
Here are the new features I added to the Spider Gadget:
- The spider now has an abdomen/belly.
- Its legs are now jointed.
- You can set the color of the spider’s legs, belly, and the background.
- You can set a background jpg image.
- You can change its size and speed.
- You can rename it.
Update: I added an “Original Look” checkbox in the settings for those of you who prefer the original spider.